Sunday 2 July 2017

Another quiet week

3rd July 2017

The weather this week has been very poor with heavy rain and winds mid week. Only managed to get out cycling twice a North Curry ride 27 miles and yesterday 52 miles from Kilmington over to Otterton via Ottery St Mary and the Otter valley , but the conditions couldn't have been any different, the NC ride it was damp with a chilly wind, where as the Sunday ride over to Otterton it was hot and sunny, we were able to sit in the sunshine at Otterton Mill for coffee and cake.it was a lovely ride and an area I have not done much cycling before, the narrow lanes avoiding the busy main roads, fantastic views across the Farway valley, and following the Coly river and the river Otter. Running, my injuries seem to be easing as long as I keep stretching, I have run 4.5 miles twice this week so starting to build up the miles, my intention to build up to 6 miles three times a week, which should help prepare for the Herepath Half at the end of October. still writing up my French trip, seems to be taking a long time,especially as the detail starts to fade from my memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment