Wednesday 29 June 2016

Quiet Week

Quiet week
Wednesday 29th June 2016
Since Eroica things have been quiet with time spent in Gloucester with the twins and grand daughter taking priority along with Bikeability. So no cycling as I havn’t had the time to get out, but I have managed a little running managing to get out twice a week to run  for 5 mile giving me 10 miles a week, keeping me ticking over a pace of just over 9 minute miles, not fast but manageable. All the routes have been relatively flat roads, so no off road.
I have now got to do some running training as I have entered a 10 k trail run down on the Jurassic coast at Bridport [West Bay] or known as ‘Broadchurch’ from the TV series. I hope they finally caught the murderer!!!
There is a half marathon but I decided 10k would be good and not need quite so much training. The Half is just two circuits of the 10 k so not wonderful. There are some big climbs, Thorncombe Beacon, the second highest hill on the South Coast at 155 metres and we run up it from sea level!!! and there are several others to follow. Nice route, all off road. Got just over a month to get fit enough to run up big hills, gives me something to prepare for. Other than the run, there is the Devon Delight 100k Audax in mid July, held near Newton Abbott, and goes someway over Dartmoor, I hope to be there!

A damp Bikeability this week, the shocking weather this June continues, but we only got wet once. One more course before the school summer holidays, then it’s a rest till the end of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment