Friday 15 January 2016

2 weeks nearer Grizzly and a break in Bournemouth



16th January 2016-01-16

The year rolls on its now only 2 months to The Grizzly, I am managing to run 8 miles a couple of times a week and continue with Spinning and Kettle bells, cycling has not been great with only one ride a week, the weather has been very wet and windy turning very cold earlier this week.

I did my Seaton Hole to Fountains Inn and return over the beach at Branscombe last Monday morning, a beautiful fresh morning, 9 miles covered and 1200 feet of climbing, not to mention the dreaded beach!!! The sun shone and the temperature just right for running, I saw very few people and felt ok at the end, coffee and Christmas cake welcome. I was pleased and it was my first off road run for sometime.

Thursday saw me and Mrs Ian B driving over to Bournemouth for a short stay in the Travel lodge on Westcliffe in Bournemouth, it was in a great position on the cliff tops, it was nice to walk down to the pier etc, even though there was a chilly NW wind. It was also our eldest sons 37th birthday!! As he lives near Wimborne, we were able to celebrate by meeting him and his wife and M in Law for a Mexican meal, a pleasant evening was had by all, even if we ate too much. Friday was a beautiful day once again; a lovely day spent round Bournemouth and a visit to Christchurch, and the Priory.

If I can run today it will be 24 miles running this week but only 40 miles cycled – I need to try to keep up the miles and increase over the next couple of weeks, hamstring still niggles though.

Another very cold day and the boiler once again seems to be about to cause problems, not keeping its pressure and I seem unable to top it up, hey, ho! Just when the weather is freezing, I have to hope I can keep it going until it warms up and get a plumber out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment