Friday 17 July 2015

Post holiday post

Friday 17th July

We came back from 2 weeks in the Lakes and Dales last Sunday, I need to write about it in my blog, but! Never seem to have the time to sit down, sort photos and write an interesting story behind the holiday!!
So this is an 'interim post'
This week has seem me do a 25 Mile ride on Monday with a good average speed of 16mph, with a very hard spin session on Tuesday, extremely hot, I did struggle.
I then joined the Blackmore Vale CTC on Thursday for a 'further and faster' ride from Yeovil to Burnham on Sea, there were 10 of us, but! I cheated and joined the group at High Ham, so instead of the 77miles intended, I only did around 45miles. The weather was mainly good and it was lovely across the levels, superb coffee and cake at Westhay, a good day out.
I then went to spinning in the evening and felt the day ride didn't have such a negative effect as I thought, in fact I seemed to go better!! But still very hot.
Sunday will see me on the start line of the Devon Delight 107 km audax from Newton Abbot, a great route up to Stoke Cannon, via Dawlish,  Exeter, and returning down the Teign valley.
I must get my holiday story sorted next week!! I have no more BikeBility till late September so lots of time to run and cycle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment