Friday 27 March 2015

Longest run

Tomorrow is the furthest I have ever run 20+ miles, unfortunately I haven't picked the flattest terrain on which to do it! It's the Exe to Axe run that is from  Exmouth to Axmouth along the coast path.
I have been building up and did my 17.4 mile run last Sunday, this week I have done 2 spin sessions and 2 short easy runs of 3 miles each trying not to overdo it but keep my legs going. I now need to sort what food I will take, my intention is to top up my 500ml bottle every five miles. The weather forecast is not good with showers expected and gales, at least that will be behind us !
The climbing starts at Peak hill before Sidmouth, followed by another straight out of Sidmouth. The hills then continue for the next ten miles with the climb of Branscombe probably being the biggest challenge at 15 miles.
I am fit enough, it's whether my legs can do it. At least one of my sons will be there as well, so some company.
I am looking forward to the challenge, and it will be I am sure. Niggles have been highlighting themselves, I still have hamstring tendonitis, my left knee has a niggle, and I noticed a slightly bruised toe!!
This time tomorrow ( 6am) I will be sorting myself out and preparing!

No comments:

Post a Comment